Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
An excellent opportunity not to be missed for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, within building services, with a well-established firm, taking on varied and diverse projects, working within a team atmosphere.
An experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is needed to join this vastly experienced, and talented team based in Birmingham. A diverse client list including Formula One Teams, Education, Retail, Leisure, and many more. With contract values over £30million to smaller schemes, you’ll have a wide range of sectors and projects to work with.
What a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be doing
What a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will need
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited and you will be fully supported by the company in gaining this expertise. Benefits
This firm take pride in looking after their colleagues, they really invest in their training and development to get the most out of everyone and as you will find from day one, everyone is rewarded. Their benefits include,
About the Company
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Company Contribution
- Highly Competitive Salary
An award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil and Structural Engineering, Project management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, they provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
Maintaining a wide spread of projects across all of the sectors covered, emphasises the strength in depth and diverse range in activity.