Quantity Surveyor (qualification is not essential) required for a company based in Salisbury (SP2). This is a Full time, Permanent job paying £45,000-£50,000 per annum depending on skills and experience. The hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 08.00am - 17.00pm and Fridays are 08.00am - 16:30pm. FREE parking is availible in the immediate vicinity and other benefits include state pension and annual bonuses.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company as a Quantity Surveyor in a fun, open plan environment as an integral part of a larger team. This is a fast paced role that requires someone who can take ownership of events, think on their feet, devise a plan of action and implement effective solutions.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working with the Commercial Team in the day to day management of a portfolio of contracts. Responsibilities will vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- Client Applications: Ensure job portfolio and cash flow is managed, that work is correctly valued and applied in timely manner both through interim applications and preparation of Final Account.
- Client Variations: To manage and track client variations, to ensure work is brought into programme, that the additional work is managed with the subcontracts and that profitability is maintained.
- Contract Review: To review and amend client contracts in order to manage risk both at inception and through the duration of the contract. To ensure contract is in line with estimating assumptions.
- Ongoing Client liaison: To maintain relationship with client, to ensure fair valuation of works and fair reflection of agreed contracts.
- Subcontractor: To send out enquiries on forthcoming works, to establish all subcontracts needed to complete works within budget, to manage the contract and the budget throughout the duration of the contract. To maintain subcontractor relationship, to value their works and issue timely Payment Certificates in line with agreed payment structure. To manage subcontractor portfolio to ensure subcontractors are resourced to complete works.
- Budgeting: To understand the basis of the scope of the contract and the pricing basis, to ensure work is completed within budget, to do monthly cost reports and identify risks to profitability.
- Labour allocation: To work alongside installation manager to review and manage in house labour allocation.
- Remedial Works: To ensure subcontractors are notified of defective works, that costs are allocated to their accounts where applicable.
To be considered for the position as Quantity Surveyor the ideal candidate must have:
- Worked as a Quantity Surveyor within the glazing or construction industry
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident dealing with internal and external personnel of all levels
- Ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
If you wish to apply for this job as a Quantity Surveyor, please click the button below and Pertemps Salisbury will respond within 48 hours.