We are currently working in partnership with a high achieving Sixth Form College in Manchester, as they look to secure the services of a Drama, on an ongoing, long term supply basis. This post is to start immediately.
Using the Eduqas exam board, the successful candidate will be expected to deliver a mixture of theory and practical lessons to learners.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- A recognised Teaching Qualification
- A background in teaching Drama and/or Performing Arts to students aged 14 upwards
- A passion to make a difference
- Patience to overcome more challenging barriers to learning
- Experience of working with young adults aged fourteen upwards
- A desire to support students pastorally and academically
- A devotion to extra-curricular events, clubs and teams.
Our school is located a short drive from the M56, M60 and M67, and with good public transport links (only a few minutes walk from a train/tram station and there are several key bus routes in the local area).
After two improved OfSTED reports, our college prides itself on its teaching and support staff being actively involved in extra-curricular events and feels rapport building with students outside of studies further improves outcomes inside the classroom.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.