We are working in partnership with a secondary school in the Bury LA, as they are looking to recruit a temporary teacher of English to their staff team. This is to cover the maternity leave of the current post holder. This is on a long-term supply basis to start in October, with a view to the post last one term, in the first instance.
Our school, located on the Bolton/Bury border and situated in the stunning countryside that the Pennines has to offer, caters for an affluent catchment area in North Bury. With excellent road links (M60, M61, M66 and A666) all within a few miles, this role is ideal for an English teacher in the north west looking for a new long-term.
This role, along with being responsible for teaching one of the core curriculum subjects, comes with pastoral responsibility and you will inherit a form during your tenure here.
More experienced teachers are welcomed to apply (this post could pay UPS for suitably qualified candidates). This role could also support an NQT looking to commence, contribute to, or complete, their induction year.
You must hold UK Qualified Teacher Status/QTLS to be considered for this role.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Relevant, related English-based degree, achieved at a good/excellent standard
- Display excellent knowledge of the relevant GCSE English curriculum
- Display consistently good/outstanding teaching
- Be dedicated to extra-curricular clubs, teams and events
- Recognisable results in improving outcomes of students in your care
- UK Qualified Teacher Status - QTS/QTLS - please note, this is not a TEFL/EFL role.
- Achieved by a PGCE in 11-16 or 11-18 Secondary English, or other recognised route (GTP, SCITT, B.Ed, etc)
- A passion to make a difference
- Patience to overcome barriers to learning
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Related searches: GCSE English teacher jobs, English supply teacher Manchester, English teacher job Manchester, teacher of English post Manchester, English supply cover jobs North West, teacher of English Manchester, English teacher Manchester, Bury English teacher, secondary school teacher jobs, key stage four English Bury, GCSE English teacher jobs, English supply teacher Manchester, English teacher job Manchester, teacher of English post Manchester, English supply cover jobs North West, teacher of English Manchester, English teacher Manchester, English teacher Bury, secondary school English teacher jobs, key stage four English Bury