Seeking to recruit an experienced and reliable person to support the team in both pre-school and babies room. We are a well established setting based in Croydon a great location close to good transport links. There are plenty of opportunities for personal development and an opportunity to work in a small (registered for 36 children), warm and friendly working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,000 to £18,500yearly but negotiable
Successful candidate must hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years Childcare.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members.
- To keep records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child's life.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery's philosophy is fulfilled.
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Recording accidents in the accident book.
- Look upon the nursery, as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evening, fundraising events etc.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
We are committed to ensuring that our staff feel well looked after. We provide them with excellent training opportunities and support childcare qualifications they choose to undertake.
We have regular team nights out, have an employee of the month scheme and regularly give staff treats to thank them for their hard work.