Location: South of England
Job Type: Permanent
Grade / Description: Specialty Doctor, CAMHS
Hours: 10 PAs (Part time and job share requests will be considered)
Salary: As per NHS Bandings – Dependent on experience.
Applications Close: ASAP
Pertemps Medical are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for a Speciality doctor in CAMHS to work in an extremely sought after South of England location offering fantastic lifestyle opportunities with areas of outstanding natural beauty including picturesque coastlines.
The successful applicant will be part of a multidisciplinary team working to provide and further develop the Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and will (in common with all consultants in the Trust) will be expected to develop a leadership role within the multidisciplinary team and across the service as a whole. There will be scope for the appointed post holder to develop any areas of special interest they may have and this is actively encouraged by the Trust.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide assessment, consultation, management and treatment for children and adolescents with severe and enduring mental health problems, including young people with learning disabilities, and to assist their families and supporting agencies.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to colleagues within the team and to partner agencies as appropriate on other CAMHS matters.
- To ensure that clinical practice reflects quality and effectiveness as determined by evidence based research as far as possible.
- Take responsibility along with other consultant colleagues for aspects of the work of the multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with colleagues across specialisms and to work together with other members of the multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team, services and allied agencies, notably acute services, children’s services and education.
- To provide clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care , community services and acute specialties
- Provide health information to other agencies where appropriate.
- Support their face to face clinical work with high quality recording and communication practices
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the health, social care and education, including undertaking joint assessments and clinics where appropriate
To be considered for this role or for more information regarding this or similar posts, please call Gemma Wright on 01908 533 240 or upload your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.