We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work within a Community Special School in Solihull located close to major bus and train routes and within an easy commute of Shirley, Olton, South Birmingham, Moseley, Kingsheath, Kitts Green and Marston Green.
You will be working at an 'Outstanding' school which educates pupils aged 4 to 19 with a range of educational difficulties including ASD, and the behavioural issues related. The pupils are taught in very small groups under a wonderful class teacher with the support of Teaching Assistants, many of whom work 1:1. The pupils and staff partake in an exciting range of extra curriculum activities including gardening and swimming and have access to excellent indoor and outdoor facilities. The school benefits from a stable and focused management team with low staff turnover and is a key member of the community.
In order to be considered you will be:
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualified
- Have at least 6 months experience within a school setting
- A motivated individual who is looking for a new challenge
- Have experience working with SEND pupils
- Have a positive attitude with an interest in getting involved with whole of school life.
In return you will enjoy:
- Market leading rates of pay
- Holiday pay
- Opportunities for innovative CPD
- An excellent support network
- A great school setting with first class facilities.
As we expect this position to be highly sought after, we advise only local teaching assistants to apply, and successful applicants will be contacted within 2 days.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.