Senior Marketing Manager
We are looking to recruit a Senior Marketing and Insight Manager on a temporary basis for our Public Sector client. This is an exciting and challenging role which offers can offer an immediate start to the right candidate. We are looking for people who experienced, confident working in a fast paced environment and who are open to some travel across sites.
This position is for a period of between 3-6 months working 37 hours per week.
£35,269 pro rata
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Communications and Marketing in the development of communications and marketing plans and write and/or input into marketing briefs.
- Line manage the team, and lead by example, coaching and mentoring, and ensuring individuals are aware of and have access to relevant training opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of relevant company policies and objectives. Work with policy colleagues to fully understand priorities and the requirement for marketing in policy delivery.
- Oversee events, education and digital teams and develop a close working relationship with the press team to ensure a fully integrated and joined-up marketing and communications service.
- Manage and input into qualitative and quantitative insight projects ensuring briefs are tight and solutions are appropriate so that all marketing and communications work is based on insight and evidence.
- Line management of Events Marketing Manager, Marketing & Insight Manager, Digital Marketing Manager and Education Marketing Executive.
- Oversee and work with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure the website and social media pages are developed strategically to ensure it is the best support tool for our audiences.
- Manage the relationships with relevant external suppliers and agencies, providing full written briefs and adopting a collaborative approach. Involvement in the procurement process and will be required to support the Head of Communications & Marketing in ensuring all contracts are in place via the public sector frameworks to deliver communications and marketing plans .
- Champion social (behaviour change) marketing and the importance of insight within the company and how this can be applied in health promotion and the communication of messaging around food safety, hygiene and authenticity. Ensure all activity is fully evaluated and demonstrate a return on investment where feasible.
- Help the team manage their workloads and make appropriate use of resource from the shared administrative pool when required.
- Have overall responsibility for budget for marketing, events, education and digital projects and ensure all budgets are managed efficiently and effectively, and public money is spent wisely.
- Oversee provision of brand guidelines and advice to colleagues and external agencies, printers etc, by the Marketing Manager to ensure consistency and quality.
- Work collaboratively with others in the organisation to help them understand how marketing and communications can support their work.
- Manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Lead by example; maintain a high work ethic and ensure excellent relationships internally and with external agencies. Manage agency relationships to ensure smooth running of projects.
- Work at pace, ensuring timings are adhered to and all parties are clear in their role and requirements to meet deadlines.
Marketing or Digital Communications degree or diploma and/or proven skills and at least 5 years' relevant experience in marketing or agency environment.Key Competencies
The following skills are required:Essential Criteria
- Marketing or Communications degree or diploma and/or proven skills and relevant experience within a management role in marketing/agency/planning environment.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of managing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of qualitative/quantitative research and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Digital marketing/website experience - either directly in post, or indirectly through line reports.
- Exposure to public sector marketing and ideally social (behavioural change) marketing.
- Membership of and/or involvement with relevant industry bodies e.g. MSS, CIM, IPA.
- Experience of managing events.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org