Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £15.02 per hour
Pertemps Dundee is recruiting on behalf of our client, a well know Public Sector organisation, for experienced Feed Officer, working within the Enforcement Delivery Team, to take on an immediate contract.The successful candidate will ensure the effective delivery of official controls relating to food and feed laws delivered by Local Authorities. This role is made up of a wide range of activities such as developing effective frameworks of enforcement including the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance as well as providing specialist technical training support to Local Authority Officials.
You will be required to work with a range of stakeholders ensuring that official control delivery is effective, efficient and applicable to the enforcement landscape in Scotland. You must be fully compliant with food law requirements and in keeping with the Scottish Governments principles of better regulations.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Act as an operational Feed Officer for FSS, taking the lead in carrying our inspection and approval duties at high risk feed businesses
- Provide enforcement advice to feed businesses
- Provide recommendations for formal action to the Lead Feed Officer where these are required
- Support the Lead Feed Officer in development of shared e-learning training modules for feed officers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the FSS Feed Manual as required.
- Take the lead for management of incoming feed export activities.
- Work with other Regulatory Strategy project managers across FSS to ensure a collaborative and joint up approach to the Regulatory Strategy workstream as a whole.
- Provide support to the Lead Feed Officer in providing updates to Local Authorities and associated professional bodies at seminars, events and committee's on your project area as required.
- Provide support to ensure that communication to the FSS Board, Scottish Ministers and key officials within other government departments is timely and effective
- Providing general support within the team as required in relation to the Feed Law
- Participate in Emergency Exercises as required
- Provide support to the investigation of Feed Incidents
- A qualified Trading Standards Officer or Feed Safety Officer with an appropriate qualification recognised by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute with at least one year post qualification experience which ideally includes work in the area of feed law enforcement
- Understanding and experience of feed official control systems
- Understanding of conducting formal enforcement action in the event of non-compliance in this business sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used to build good professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading a team that delivers projects/or significant pieces of work
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to change to deliver improvements
If you hold the required skills and experience please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01382 221234 for an informal chat about this role.