Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £18.88 per hour
Pertemps Dundee is recruiting on behalf of our client, a well know Public Sector organisation, for experienced Senior Feed Officer, working within the Enforcement Delivery Team, to take on an immediate contract.The successful candidate will ensure the effective delivery of official controls relating to food and feed laws delivered by Local Authorities. This role is made up of a wide range of activities such as developing effective frameworks of enforcement including the Food Law Code of Practice and Practice Guidance as well as providing specialist technical training support to Local Authority Officials.
You will be required to work with a range of stakeholders ensuring that official control delivery is effective, efficient and applicable to the enforcement landscape in Scotland. You must be fully compliant with food law requirements and in keeping with the Scottish Governments principles of better regulations.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in procurement of feed delivery work packages as required. These are likely to be related to the procurement of the services of an Agricultural Analyst Service and for the provision of technical training for delivery officers.
- Act as the Lead Feed Officer for FSS, taking the lead in enforcement advice and recommendations for formal action where these are required
- Take the lead in collaborating with colleagues in Food standards Agency in development of shared e-learning training modules for feed officers.
- Update and maintain the FSS Feed Manual as required.
- Develop a protocol for management of incoming feed export activities.
- Manage the FSS scheme of delegation for feed officers ensuring that all officials involved in delivery are suitably authorised.
- Work with other Regulatory Strategy project managers across FSS to ensure a collaborative and joint up approach to the Regulatory Strategy workstream as a whole.
- Take the lead in providing updates to Local Authorities and associated professional bodies at seminars, events and committee's on your project area as required.
- Take the lead in ensuring that communication to the FSS Board, Scottish Ministers and key officials within other government departments is timely and effective
- Attend workstream meetings and provide updates and briefings to the Regulatory Strategy Programme Board as required.
- Providing general support within the team as required in relation to the Feed Law
- Manage work of project manager and project administrator posts which support this position
- A qualified Trading Standards Officer or Feed Safety Officer with an appropriate qualification recognised by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute with at least three years post qualification experience which ideally includes work in the area of feed law enforcement
- Direct understanding and experience of feed official control systems and the tools required to manage these systems
- Direct understanding and experience of conducting formal enforcement action in the event of non-compliance in this business sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used to build good professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading a team that delivers projects/or significant pieces of work
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to change to deliver improvements
If you hold the required skills and experience please apply below or email email@example.com or call us on 01382 221234 for an informal chat about this role.