Special Uplifts Operative
Temporary - 6-7 weeks (with possible extension)
Full-time - Monday to Friday 7am-3pm
Our public sector client is recruiting for a Special Uplifts Operative on a temporary basis for a 6-week contract, with possible extension. The position is based in Arbroath, working full-time Monday to Friday from 7am-3pm (30 min unpaid lunch) and with an hourly rate of £9.78.
A full, clean driving licence is preferrable but not essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Safe collection and removal of bulky items from households, commercial premises etc., litter from roadside verges and illegally fly-tipped waste materials.
- Setup traffic management controls (signage etc.) where required to safely execute works.
- Operate a range of associated tools and equipment to undertake various tasks in the performance of the role.
- Frequently pull, push, and carry heavy bulky items, equipment and bins. Walk distances as required to undertake these duties.
- Aide the driver in safe manoeuvring/reversing of the vehicle and give appropriate hand signals when directing the driver.
- Ensure that safe operation and road safety and awareness are performed when operating at the back of and around the vehicle.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to and follow operating instructions for the tail-lift and/or other operating equipment/machinery on the vehicle.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of the vehicle implementing safe manual handling practice and where necessary using mechanical aids.
- Always maintain a positive working relationship between the service and members of the public by being polite, respectful, and courteous.
- Actively participate in staff training and development.
- Maintain the office, stockroom area, site and site surrounding areas and ensure these are always clean and orderly.
- Maintain simple records of quantities and weights of materials collected, stockroom counts and deliveries.
- Assist the driver with the cleaning of the vehicle which includes use of a power hose and detergent for the outside of the vehicle, sweeping, disinfecting, polishing and removal of any litter and detritus from the inside.
- Use the client's information technology (e.g. mobile devices etc.) in the performance of the role.
- Must be fit, adaptable and show initiative as you would be part of a small team that has various tasks including picking up bulky items and fly tipping or working individually.
To be considered for this role, please apply online now with your up-to-date CV or email your CV directly to email@example.com.