Are you an experienced functional skills tutor, who has a passion for delivering outstanding teaching in both Maths and English?
Are you looking for a new and exciting role in an alternative education setting?
We are looking to appoint a skilled functional skills tutor to deliver effective teaching to support learners aged 16 - 18 who have experienced challenges in mainstream education.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively manage individual learning plans and motivate learners to achieve their full potential.
- Deliver classroom teaching of functional skills English and Maths at Entry to level 2 for 16 - 18 year olds.
- Offer advice and guidance to the learners on the best possible progression routes and utilise every opportunity to support the learners.
- Plan effective lesson plans according to learner's levels and abilities.
- Liaise with colleagues and assist in the development of new and innovative training materials and resources.
- Participate in staff review/performance management processes and take appropriate responsibility to evidencing your own progress and achievements.
Background and Experience
- PGCE or alternative teaching qualification at level 4 or above
- Experience of teaching English and Math qualifications as well as an understanding of the Functional Skills curriculum.
- Experience of working with learners with challenging behaviour from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and experience of motivating learners in challenging surroundings.
- Excellent classroom management, organisation and administration skills.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.