Infrastructure Technician – Wigan
Civil Engineering Department
- Infrastructure Technician within design team on designated projects, reporting to Senior/Principal Engineer.
- Assist in the preparation of infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with internal and external designers and other disciplines to progress and develop the engineering design.
- Liaison with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Assist in obtaining all necessary approvals from regulatory bodies.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Be aware of project deadlines and time management to complete required tasks.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard drawings, details and quality systems.
- Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential.
- On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures and quality systems.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling is essential.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage desirable but not essential.
- Experience in assisting with the delivery of residential designs including highway, drainage and adoptable works (Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104) is essential.
- Understanding of the full engineering / development process.
- Educated to ONC or HNC level.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A good self-manager of time and work.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills.
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development