PRINCIPAL / ASSOCIATE TRANSPORT PLANNER
RGB are representing an international award winning multidisciplinary consultancy, with a track record of providing creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging projects. Currently employing around 2,000 people located internationally in over 40 countries they are now looking for a Principal or Associate Transport Planner to join the London team.
- In order to be successful in this role, the successful applicant must have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
- It is anticipated that you will have experience in the Preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plan Reports, Transport scheme design and appraisal with knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice including DMRB and MfS.
- You should be able to analyse data then collate and interpret it.
- You will be expected to manage projects for technical, programming and financial matters, plus having the ability to create and develop client relationships including widening our client base.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic transport modelling, or prior experience of using SATURN and VISUM software would be desirable along with knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoTrack and GIS being desirable.
- Knowledge and use of software packages, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-PARAMICS, VISSIM and TRICS would also prove beneficial.
- Due to continued growth within this sector, they need an ambitious and experienced transport professional to join the team as soon as possible in order to help them deliver their growing workload. You will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting projects across the UK and the rest of Europe.
- You will support the senior staff by providing technical input to projects and supporting the team to deliver what is expected. You will prepare reports and drawings and interface with clients and other professionals.
- Using your experience, you will assist with bid preparation and fee proposals, you will mentor and support junior staff and be proactive in keeping up to date with current practices, guidelines etc. in our field. You will undertake site visits, attend client meetings and conduct occasional traffic surveys where required.
- As part of your role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers and therefore you must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
45k – 60k + car allowance + bonus + pension + healthcare + flexible working + pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
For more information please contact Michael Power on firstname.lastname@example.org