A local Council based in Swindon are looking to recruit an Neighbourhood Housing Officer to work within the Housing Department. The successful candidate will be paid £11.35 per hour, working 37 hours, Monday to Friday. Benefits include working within in a friendly team and access to the free town centre parking.
As an Neighbourhood Housing Officer your main housing management duties will be to maximise rental income, undertake all Estate and Tenancy Management functions on a patch of approximately 650 properties, and carry out repair inspections within your area.
Key responsibilities as an Admissions Officer:
- Be the lead officer responsible for housing management on the patch and establish a sound and friendly relationship between the tenant and the council in its role as landlord.
- Deal with breaches of tenancy conditions including investigating cases of anti-social behaviour, neighbour nuisance, racial harassment (initial investigation only), any other form of harassment, and domestic violence.
- Carry out regular inspections of properties, communal areas and Housing owned public open spaces to ensure that they are maintained and kept to a reasonable standard. These will be undertaken in liaison with tenants, estate caretakers and other council officers and outside agencies. Arrange for the removal of graffiti, bulky rubbish and abandoned cars and other works, which are required.
- Respond to tenants requests for advice on rent, tenancy, estate management, transfer, mutual exchanges and housing issues by phone, in person at the office, by letter and visiting people in their homes.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience within a similar role would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills, face to face and over the phone
- Must be comfortable with home visits
- Knowledge or experience of diagnosing responsive repairs
To apply, please upload your CV directly to this advertisement or www.pertemps.co.uk