Pertemps Kettering are currently recruiting for a Graphic Designer for our client in Desborough.
The successful candidate will be working across a portfolio of brands. This role will involve the creation and art working of print, in-store and digital marketing materials to support the needs of the client.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, creative, and self-motivated, coupled with bags of energy and the ability to pick things up quickly. It is essential that you have an excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially In Design and Illustrator, and that you have a real attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You should have excellent organisational and planning skills too.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification such as Graphic Design and ideally one to two years' experience either in-house or for an agency. They should be a real team player with a pro-active 'can do' attitude.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Designing marketing material with creativity, including brochures, in store point of sales, events graphics and packaging, whilst adhering to precise specifications.
• Designing and creating digital assets to use across our social platforms, customer websites and mailers, both animated and static.
• Work simultaneously on different projects during peak seasons while meeting tight deadlines.
• Putting together disparate elements of a project (images, branded visual elements and copy) into a coherent and cohesive design.
• Liaising with a number of internal and external contacts to identify and meet the goals of a brief, while still demonstrating creativity in every project.
Skills and experience required:
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are essential. AfterEffects is desirable too but not essential.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Conversant with Windows PC working platform
• Excellent organisation skills and competence to self-management workload is essential, with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines within peak periods
• Attention to detail is a must
• To be able to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
• Knowledge and understanding of photography re-touching is desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of the printing process and press passing experience is desirable but training can be provided
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 08.30am -17.00pm
Friday 08.30am - 15.00m
Salary and benefits:
£19,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays