£8.50 per hour
£8.50 per hour
£9.5 per hour
What is the purpose of this role?
Our client, the UK's largest Water and Sewerage Company, is currently looking for a Environmental Information Request Coordinator within the Incident Avoidance and Pollution Investigation team on a permanent or temp-perm contract basis.
You will lead delivery of responses to Wastewater Environmental Information requests by working across a range of teams and the wider business to coordinate the reply. In an area where speed and accuracy of response is everything, you will be committed to delivering to tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.
This regulatory requirement also means regular updates, and reports are needed to ensure we are driving continuous improvement in reducing pollution incidents. This will be in the delivery of existing work streams and the identification and implementation of new strategies and solutions.
This role is based at our client's head office in Reading, offering a salary of up to £30k dependant on skills, experience and progression.
Our client's excellent salary package includes competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
What will this role involve?
You will be required to:
- Own and lead the coordinate and compilation of responses to wastewater environmental information requests within regulatory deadlines. Working across the wider business when EIR subject matter dictates is also required
- Track EIR delivery and submit weekly progress report to waste leadership team - escalate issues with senior manager to ensure deadlines are met
- Regularly meet and brief corporate team to ensure consistency of responses
- Work across wastewater operations, lead collation and reporting of Environment Agency pollution 'Hotspot list'
- Support wider Incident avoidance and pollution Investigation teams with National Incident Reporting System challenge process and pollution incident reviews and executive incident reviews
- Support wider Incident Avoidance and Pollution Investigation teams with delivery of learning derived from incident reviews to wastewater business
- Occasionally travel to different sites
What skills are we looking for?
Do you have a sound understanding of relevant legislation, regulatory and operational requirements relating to wastewater or pollution incidents?
Have you got demonstrable stakeholder engagement experience?
If the answer is yes, we're looking for you! You will be a proven self-starter with the confidence to build effective relationships and influence teams to meet their obligations & challenge poor performance.
Previous experience in a related role is essential as well as sharp organisation, IT and communication skills.