Pertemps are delighted to be working with one of its key clients who have a number of exciting opportunities for people keen to progress their career in Quantity Surveying.
Our client is looking for people to join one of their established and expanding Teams and over the course of your career you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Projects ranging in value from £25k to £200M.
You will be supported by the company with your Career Progression to become a Chartered Quantity Surveyor. In this entry role you will learn to provide advice to your colleagues across our business in order to help Thames Water obtain Value for Money and Excellent Service for our customers and from our supply chain.
This role will provide the opportunity to experience a wide range of QS duties in managing programmes and projects.
Working within an established team you will gain insight into how the UK's largest water company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks, and recruiting temporary staff, through to managing our facilities and treatment plant upgrades.
You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of your allocated Contracts.
The team also has a very successful structured APC Training programme with the support network of a number of Chartered Quantity Surveyors, RICS APC Assessors, as well as colleagues studying to become MRICS and FRICS.
What could this role involve?
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- Reporting against budget, annual and final accounting, estimating and forecasting;
- Analysing spend against budget and ensuring that any issues are communicated;
- Working with Finance to ensure that all financial systems are updated to time, cost and quality;
- Helping to identify any supplier performance issues and then ensure that corrective actions are implemented;
- Providing commercial advice and support to the business and helping to resolve commercial disputes if they arise;
- Assessing applications for payment against the contract;
- Analysing and Interpreting data to inform commercial decision making.
- Contract Administration
- Providing support to procurement exercises
- Advising on Value for Money
- Plus loads of other activities
We are looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals who want to pursue a career in Quantity Surveying, and have an aptitude and drive for undertaking additional qualifications alongside work.
You need to be educated to A-Level qualifications or their equivalent and possess a C Grade or above in GCSE Mathematics.
Excellent attention to detail, IT skills and competence, especially in Microsoft Excel are essential. You will have good verbal and written communication skills and some work experience water or the construction industry would be preferable but is not essential.Salary package and location
This role is based at Reading, Berkshire offering a salary of up to £34,000, depending on skills and experience.
There is a competitive Salary package including up to 28 days annual Leave depending on length of service, generous Pension Scheme whereby the company will match twice of what you contribute up to a 12% company contribution, life insurance of 8 x salary, annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service.
A valid UK driving licence would be beneficial as there will be some travel required to other company sites.