Pertemps are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support a local government area based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. This is a temporary assignment to cover a secondment, starting ASAP expected to last 3 months, which could be extended. To be considered for this post you will need at least 2 years' EA experience, also working at Director level.
The pay rate is £12.51 to £13.83 per hour dependant on experience, which is £24,133 to 26,691 per annum. This position is full-time Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
The company's mission statement: Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve. Now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive. Its local communities are at the heart of everything it does. Whether it's new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential care and support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, this company are here to make a real difference to the people and communities it serves.
The Executive Assistant will provide support to various Heads of Service and Service Directors in relation to:
- Organise and maintain the diary; produce documents, slides and spreadsheets; arrange room bookings and hospitality, receiving, prioritising and communicating post and phone messages; maintain office supplies and services; and organise paper filing and electronic record keeping, in support of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that all paperwork/presentations/handouts required for meetings and workshops are provided to the Senior Manager/s in a timely manner.
- Take notes and minutes of meetings as required.
- To arrange as necessary, with Service colleagues the preparation of draft replies to correspondence.
- Proof reading of work before passing work on.
- Proactively deal with queries on behalf of the Senior Management Team.
- Providing EA cover to the Service Director as and when required.
- To be responsible for calendar management.
- To proactively manage e-mails and inboxes.
- To Assist the Leadership Team in the preparation of documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- To manage correspondence and phone calls coming into the Leadership Team.
- To maintain paper and electronic filing.
- To be responsible for managing all activities relating to arranging meetings, including but not limited to arranging room bookings, providing relevant documentation and taking notes and minutes of meetings as required.
- To arrange as necessary, with Service colleagues, the preparation of draft replies to correspondence.
- Proof reading of documents / correspondence for the relevant Director.
- To proactively deal with queries on behalf of the Leadership Team.
- Provide EA cover to the Executive Director as and when required.
- To provide project / programme support to the Leadership Team.
- Be the go to person for other colleagues and external partners advice, support and assistance on behalf of Heads of Service and Service Directors.
Skills, knowledge & experience required for this role:
- Excellent ICT skills - including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems which support procedures and record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence others based on knowledge of the area.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Numerate and accurate with good attention to detail.
- Proven initiative and judgement to identify and resolve problems.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Well-developed interpersonal, persuasion and negotiation skills to build relationships and influence the stakeholder community.
- Proven ability to explain technical / specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand.
- Proven ability to cope with conflicting and changing demands through good time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- High level of technical expertise in analysis, data manipulation and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills.
In return the Executive Assistant will receive an hourly salary of £12.51 to £13.83 per hour, dependant on experience.
Pertemps are able to offer an excellent rate of pay, holiday pay and a pension scheme to those who are PAYE, weekly pay, online payslips and online timesheets all within a supportive environment for you to work with good transport links.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity and have a minimum of 2 years' EA experience supporting at Director level, please apply.