World leading professional body is seeking an experienced Facilities Assistant to join their Facilities department at their central London offices.
This is a permanent role paying between £21,000 and £23,000 depending on experience.
Reporting to the Head of Building Services, this role will be part of a small team delivering first class facilities services including porterage and basic maintenance to employees, tenants and members of the Institution to ensure a clean, safe and secure working environment. Duties include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors, employees and tenants.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are prepared for use in accordance with the requirements and standards of the organisation.
- Provide a first line maintenance service to the building.
- Ensure that both the internal and external appearance of the building is maintained to standard.
- Ensure that all defects to equipment, services (including lighting, heating, water supplies, drainage) or buildings are reported and repaired promptly.
- Undertake the movement of furniture, deliveries, stores and equipment as required.
- Ensure that the building is both opened and closed at the times required.
- Ensure that all fire, health and safety regulations and general emergency procedures are observed by employees and sub-contractors.
- Carry out the weekly fire alarm test and act as a fire warden.
- Provide day to day security of the building, and when required, ensuring that visitors, i.e. sub-contractors are escorted and supervised.
- Ensure the clearance of all rubbish, internally and externally as required.
- Assist or cover for other members of the Facilities team in the post room, at reception and any other areas as requested by the Facilities Manager.
The ideal Facilities Assistant will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a customer service environment in a similar role working in a room and venue hire environment, including meeting room set up and procedure.
- Experience of basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing and repair of minor defects.
- Experience of working in customer-focused environment and the ability to be tactful and persuasive, particularly when dealing with customers.
- Able to work outside normal working hours and participate in the out of hours on call rota, with occasional weekend work.
- Ability to work as part of a team on a shift system.
- Organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised with initiative.
- Manually dexterous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good health and safety awareness
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED