Transport / Highway authority is seeking an experienced NEC3 Engineering & Construction Contract Quantity Surveyor to join their East Sussex team.
This is an interim role to start ASAP until the end of October 2018 initially and will pay up to £56.00 per hour LTD Co.
NEC3 Engineering & Construction Contract Quantity Surveyor will work closely with a Senior QS in full compliance with the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract, providing commercial data, expertise and advice. Duties include:
- Provide commercial data to ensure that cost control is fully compliant to the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract
- To ensure all matters relating to cost control is reported via CEMAR and in accordance with NEC3 ECC procedures.
- Perform the role of commercial assistant with the project commercial teams.
- Responsible for issuing of internal notices, documents and technical data through the Contract Management system under the guidance of a SQS.
- Assist with maintaining project commercial documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all project documents are stored in the EDMS.
- Assist with Contract Reviews and Project Closures.
- Assist in the collation of costs submitted to the Client in relation to Compensation Events.
- Support SQS during discussions on Compensation Events to reach agreement and acceptance of costs and time.
- Ensure contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified to the SQS from CEMAR document system.
- Produce and maintain registers of Compensation Events, Early Warnings, Risks, Delay and Extension of Time.
- Assist with the assessment of subcontractor's monthly payment application, and month end processes.
The ideal NEC3 Engineering & Construction Contract Quantity Surveyor will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or in lieu of that demonstration of considerable relevant experience
- Member of appropriate professional body
- Experience of working with NEC3 ECC
- Experience of working as part of a team on site
- Experience of negotiating facts and data.
- Assess and issue vesting certificates for Plant and Materials both outside the Working Area, and those removed, under permission, from the Working Area.
- Experience using data control or CEMAR
- Good knowledge of the NEC3 Engineering and construction Contract.
- Good knowledge of Construction specifications other standards and guidance
- Effective communicator
- Ability to 'read' and assess drawings and programmes
- Full driving licence or ability to meet the travelling needs of the role.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.