Transport / Highway authority is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their East Sussex team.
This is an interim role to start ASAP until the end of July2018 initially and will pay up to £30.00 per hour LTD Co.
The Project Manager will be responsible of the management and delivery of a wide range of projects through whole lifecycle, from transformational business improvements to cyclical highway maintenance services to time, cost, quality, specification, safety and environmental requirements. Duties include:
- Manage projects on a day-to-day basis, within agreed constraints and authority.
- Ensure the projects comply with health, safety and environmental regulations and that issues of health, safety and environment are paramount to the projects.
- Manage and deliver the projects, to time, cost and quality targets.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, standards and processes.
- Ensure that the projects deliver the required products at each stage of the project lifecycle, to the required standard of quality, and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Report project progress.
- Identify and implement process improvements. Establish the project organisation: define roles, responsibilities and deliverables for all team members.
- Manage and administer consultant and supplier contracts.
- Manage project resources.
The ideal Project Manager will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree qualification or equivalent.
- Appropriate professional qualifications in project management are essential or highly desirable.
- Experience of personal responsibility for managing highways maintenance and management projects and working in a large, complex, safety focused and integrated highways services organisation(s), and delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Technical experience relevant to the type of project is also required and this will vary from one project to the next.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable communication and IT skills (including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills and an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Active in looking at data to develop improvements
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.