Technical Business Support Officer
My Client is a Local Government body located in North East London and they are looking for an experienced Technical Business Support Officer for a temporary role with an approximate duration of 3 months.
Technical Business Support Officer Role & Responsibilities:
Maximise the operational effectiveness of IT systems including:
- electronic document management / archive systems and associated procedures
- development management back office systems;
- graphical information systems (GIS) aligned to the planning database;
- web related systems.
- Support the delivery of a high quality front-line customer service that delivers the corporate Service First agenda.
Undertake all administrative processes associated with the:
Experience & Knowledge
- assessment of planning applications; enforcement enquiries, appeals
- updating of statutory lists with new additions to listed buildings, conservation areas or Article 4 directions and TPO's provision of support to Duty Planning officers; maintenance and response to Statutory Planning Register requests;
- Maintain and update any filing system associated with the Service Area.
- Proactively respond to incoming, internal or external, written, telephone or face to face enquiries/correspondence as required.
- Assist with the collation, verification and delivery of performance management data related to National Indicators, Service Standards and other data when requested.
- As job descriptions can be exhaustive, other duties (not listed) apply to the role
- Operational and administrative office duties.
- IT programmes, specifically Microsoft programmes,
- Best practice customer service and a commitment to an excellent customer experience.
- Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and other policies in accordance with Council guidelines; and the legislative framework within which Planning and Council operates;
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Commitment to performance management as a means to achieve personal and service delivery goals and measure outputs.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to establish positive relationships with managers, officers, customers and stakeholders;
Role: Technical Business Support Officer
- Teamwork focused and make the best use of personal skills; dedicated to the delivery of high quality services in tight timeframes.
- Capacity to comprehend and make best use of new and developing IT systems.
- Must have a strong focus on detail and an ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Must have strong customer service focus.
- Influence others and gain trust and confidence; employ tact, discretion and sensitivity.
- Solve problems and use negotiation skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Commitment to the Council's organisational values.
Duration: Approx 3 months
Pay Rate: £14.36 per hour
Start Date: 15/04/2018