National charity is seeking an experienced Community Fundraiser to support their team at their Belfast offices.
This is a temporary role to start ASAP until the end of December 2018 initially and will pay £13.72 per hour.
This is a homebased role covering the West of Northern Ireland and applicants must have their own transport.
The main purpose of the Community Fundraiser will be to maximise income raised within their geographic area of responsibility. To gain more supporters and increase the volunteer base offering a great and rewarding experience. Duties include:
- Develop and implement the Regional Fundraising Plan, to include Support visits, seminars and launches etc;
- Produce and adhere to the income and expenditure budgets required to meet the Regional Fundraising Plan
- To assist with the recruitment and induction for new Organiser's and volunteers, as well as ongoing support to those already in post;
- Develop relationships with and support key local individual fundraisers, volunteers and key influencers.
- To raise the charity profile through the effective use of local media and PR
- To arrange a local launch event that attracts publicity
- Promote fundraising through Legacies with materials available at seminars/newsletters.
- The ideal Community Fundraiser will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
- Evidence of financial management skills; set and deliver income targets
- Experience of working closely with volunteers to deliver agreed objectives
- Experience of fundraising, sales and/or customer service environment
- Experience of planning multiple activities and/or events throughout the year
- Experience of building effective relationships with a wide range of audiences
- Experience of Corporate, Event and legacy marketing
- Experience of effectively managing and responding to media queries
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal
- Good IT Skills - Intermediate MS Excel, Outlook, Word and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work flexibly including some evenings, some weekends and occasional overnight stays
- ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.