One of the UK's largest charities is seeking a part time (20 hours per week) Facilities / Building Officer to support their Facilities Manager their London headquarters.
This is a part time role working 20 hours per week - 1.30pm to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and will pay £22,366 to £25,736 pro rota.
The main purpose of the Facilities / Building Officer will be to support the Facilities Managers (Hard Services) in the effective management of the site and associated building services. The main duties of the Facilities / Building Officer will include:
- To assist the Facilities Manager (Hard Services) in ensuring that all building services, operations and systems are fully functional.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act and all relevant statute.
- To ensure that good housekeeping of all building services and corporate standards are maintained in line with agreed procedures.
- To assist the Facilities Manager (Hard Services) in preparing monthly and annual maintenance schedules of works necessary to maintain the building fabric/structure.
- To be responsible for minor maintenance works and running repairs, as directed by the Facilities Manager (Hard Services).
- Setting up of facilities for conference/meetings and associated office services, as directed by the Facilities Manager (Hard Services).
- Act as Fire Marshall
The ideal Facilities / Building Officer will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar Facilities / Building Services role
- Knowledge of computerised building management and heating/air conditioning systems.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with large numbers of people face to face, via email and on the telephone from different audiences.
- Ability to work on own initiative and respond effectively to building operation demands.
- Experience of supervising the work of external contractors.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- To be a certified first aider or be willing to be trained to become certified.
- Ability to maintain quality standards with a high level of attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.