Business Intelligence Analyst with SQL experience - 2 months temp - £17.00
Independent safety regulator is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to support their Information and Analysis team at their Central London offices.
This is an interim role to start ASAP for an initial 2 month period and will pay £17.00 per hour.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will support the team who are responsible for managing data through its lifecycle, from liaising and collecting data from suppliers, loading and validating data to disseminating that data both across the organisation and via the public-facing data portal. Duties include:
- Using SQL Server Implementation Services (SSIS), manage the end-to-end ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) process in the organisations Data Warehouse to ensure timely data is available to customers and official statistics are published on time
- Liaise with Data Providing Organisations to ensure data is received and loaded within the required timescales
- Support the production and publication of statistical releases in a timely manner and to the level of quality required for National Statistics
- Collaborate with the Analysis & Research Team in creating Power BI visualisations to support statistical releases
- Production and development of data dashboards/reports in Power BI and Excel.
- Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), extract relevant data from Data Warehouse and respond to FOIs / PQs and ad-hoc queries in a timely manner
- Support the Project Manager in migrating the Data Warehouse to a new cloud-based Azure system and upgrading the Data Portal to a new Umbraco CMS.
- Manage the Data Portal inbox, providing responses to customer queries.
- Validate and quality assure outputs
- Prepare SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and circulate amongst the Business Intelligence Team for quality assurance.
The ideal Business Intelligence Analyst will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including SSMS, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working in a Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehouse environment
- High level of numeracy and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Delivering high quality outputs within agreed deadlines
- Takes ownership of work and responsibility for delivery
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or other visualisation software
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience of producing data visualisations and external publications is desirable, but not essential.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED