£12.54 per hour
£450 per day
£60000 - £65000 per annum
My client is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Business Intelligence Consultant to join their new and fast growing Business Intelligence Team, working in an Agile environment.
As their Business Intelligence Consultant, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with managing and implementing the companies growing Data and Analytics strategy.
This opportunity is as much client-facing as it is technical. My client will consider someone from a Front End Reporting or Analytical background who has the confidence to meet with my clients customers and be the link between the technical team and the business. You will need to be business savvy and sell my clients front end BI Tool and spot selling opportunities when in consultations. You will work with them to develop BI solutions to meet their requirements in line with the Business Intelligence strategy.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Consultant:
• Delivering product demonstrations to prospective clients.
• Feedback to the Product Owner on potential product changes following from demonstrations or implementation.
• End to End implementation solution based on project scope and requirements.
• Provide additional technical support to the Help Desk function as required.
• Design and develop data sources as well as relevant reports and analytics in line with customer requirements and in line with the Business Intelligence strategy.
• Deliver solution training to new and existing customers as required.
• Scope and gather requirements and change requests in accordance with the Product Manager and Product Owner in line with Business Intelligence strategy.
• Build proof of concepts for reports as well as present and demonstrate to prospective clients and prospects.
Business Intelligence Consultant essential skillset:
• Problem solving skills and ability to be proactive.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Good level of SQL knowledge.
• Experience of working in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
• Demonstrable expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills to a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to define a problem and assist in solution identification.
• Previous experience of running workshops in formal/informal environments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced responsive customer focused environment.
• Prior experience of mentoring and coaching others.
The successful Business Intelligence Consultant can expect a competitive salary of between £30,000 and £35,000. Working Monday to Friday on a 40hr week contract my client offers a fantastic working environment.
• Scottish Widows Pension Plan – 5% employer contribution, 1% employee contribution with optional salary sacrifice on completion of your probationary period
• Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
• 22 days' holiday initially, rising to 25 days after the required length of service
• Travel to work scheme - claim 50% back on seasonal train or bus tickets for your travel to and from work
• Childcare voucher scheme provided by Edenred
• Death in service plan – 4 x annual basic salary
• Employee Assistance Programme provided by Legal and General
• Birthday Payment – one off payment each year of £150 subject to normal deductions
• Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme