£9.00 per hour
£300 per day
£425 per day
Service Support and Release Specialist | Up to £28K | West Midlands | 2 year FTC
Service Support and Release Specialist sought by one of the UK's leading universities to work closely with the Service Development and Release Manager on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract.
The university is undertaking a major business process change initiative involving replacement of its core HR, Payroll and Finance systems. This project will deliver both business change and new IT systems to support the University's ambitious plans.
As a Service Support and Release Specialist you will contribute to pre-go live, transition and early life support of the major business process change initiative.
To be considered for the role of Service Support and Release Specialist, you will need to have the following demonstrable skills and experience:
• Excellent experience in using and supporting cloud based SAAS applications (Canvas, Service now, Office Cloud Applications etc.)
• Proven experience of successfully supporting ICT services for an organisation of comparable size and complexity
• Good broad knowledge of IT, including latest trends in the area of service management and cloud technologies
• Strong familiarity with SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Some familiarity with Microsoft Project and Visio
• The ability to work under pressure within a complex computing environments
• Ability to take direction from multiple people
• Strong technical and analytical problem solving skills
• Exposure to project management methodologies including Prince2 and Agile (e.g. working using Scrum, Kanban)
• An ITIL 3 qualification and demonstrable experience of working in an environment using ITIL frameworks and disciplines.
The successful Service Support and Release Specialist will be offered a starting salary of £26,000 - £28,000 plus excellent benefits!
This is a role that will suit a Service Support and Release Specialist that will enjoy working on large scale and complex computing environments while being able to provide excellent service with respect to requirements and expectations.