£12.54 per hour
£450 per day
£60000 - £65000 per annum
Service Introduction Manager | up to £40K | West Midlands
Service Introduction Manager sought by one of the UK's leading universities to work closely with the Service Delivery Manager, Service Desk Manager and wider Service Management team to ensure the delivery of an exceptional IT support service.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful introduction and transition of services from project phase to operational support in a live environment. You will work closely with Service Delivery Manager and Service Management colleagues to ensure there is clarity around operational acceptance requirements. The ideal candidate will act as a primary contact point between the project teams and the support teams for the transition of new services with the aim to minimise ongoing support costs and maximising knowledge transfer.
To be considered for the role of Service Introduction Manager, you will need to have the following demonstrable skills and experience:
• Excellent experience and demonstrable understanding of ITIL Service Management processes and procedures
• The ability to proactively identify areas of improvement
• Excellent experience of effectively planning, prioritising and scheduling workloads in the face of conflicting demands
• Expert knowledge of working effectively as a member of a team towards quality service goals and deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
o Communicate confidently at senior levels
o Express ideas coherently through a variety of media
o Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
• A broad background in IT, covering IT support, business continuity and Information security
• Experience and/or exposure to project management methodologies (such as PRINCE)
• Demonstrable experience in managing individuals or small IT support teams
• ITIL qualifications (Intermediary)
The successful Service Introduction Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 plus excellent benefits package, up to 22% pension and up to 50 days holiday!
This is a role that will suit a Service Introduction Manager that will enjoy working on a large scale projects while using their expert skills and knowledge to benefit the University.