£12.54 per hour
£450 per day
£60000 - £65000 per annum
Service Introduction Specialist | up to £30K | West Midlands
Service Introduction Specialist sought by one of the UK's leading universities to work closely with the Service Introduction Manager and Service Desk Manager to ensure the delivery of an exceptional IT support service.
You will be responsible for ensuring documentation and communication in all forms is in place for new and upgraded services including CMDB entries, Status Page updates and IT Services staff and user guidelines. You will also be able to identify opportunities for improving service support and taking proactive role in removing identified issues prior to service release. You will also maintain the IT Services Knowledge Base including approving/retiring articles, advising on content and creating content.
To be considered for the role of Service Introduction Specialist, you will need to have the following demonstrable skills and experience:
• A demonstrable understanding of ITIL Service Management processes and procedures
• Excellent experience and knowledge of understanding user requirements and being able to translate those requirements into IT deliverables
• Excellent experience in a large scale, complex computing environment, including day-to-day involvement in support of wide ranging services, either 1st or 2nd line support
• Excellent communication skills
o Express ideas coherently through a variety of media
o Strong documentation skills and the ability to tailor documentation and responses to specific technical and non-technical audiences
• A broad background in IT, covering IT support and/or systems development/administration
• An understanding to project management methodologies (such as PRINCE)
• ITIL qualifications (Foundation)
The successful Service Introduction Specialist will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 plus excellent benefits package, up to 22% pension and up to 50 days holiday!
This is a role that will suit a Service Introduction Specialist that will enjoy working on a large scale projects while using their expert skills and knowledge to benefit the University.