Storage & Virtualisation Specialist | up to £38K | West Midlands
Storage & Virtualisation Specialist sought by one of the UK's leading universities located in the Midlands. They looking for a Storage & Virtualisation Specialist that will support IT Services on their storage and virtualisation infrastructure.
You will work closely with the Storage & Virtualisation Manager to ensure the delivery of an exceptional IT support service. The ideal candidate will be required for both new developments and supporting the day-to-day running of a large and complex infrastructure. This will ensure the University will benefit from the on-going development and support for state of the art computing and information services for both staff and students.
To be considered for the role of Storage & Virtualisation Specialist, you will need to have the following demonstrable skills and experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Virtualisation (VMWare)
• Server hardware (HP Rackmount, HP Blade enclosures, Converged)
• Storage Fabrics (Brocade Fibre Channel/iSCSI)
• Storage Arrays (EMC/ HP SAN/NAS)
• Backup/Archive Technologies (Veeam, Commvault)
• Server Operating Systems Deployment/Maintenance(Windows, Linux)
• Email Systems (Exchange, Exim, Skype for Business)
• Identity Systems (Active Directory, Dell One Identity Manager, Freja Multifactor Authentication)
• Private/Public Cloud (Embotics vCommander/Azure/Office 365)
• Monitoring (Veeam One, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager)
• Networking Infrastructure (F5 Load Balancer, SSL VPN, Fortinet Firewalls)
• PRINCE2 qualification highly desirable
• Broad knowledge and postgraduate qualification in a C&IT related discipline would be an advantage
The successful Storage & Visualisation Specialist will be offered a salary of up to £38,000 plus excellent benefits package, up to 22% pension and holidays that can go up to 40 days!
This is a role that will suit a Storage & Visualisation Specialist that will enjoy working on a large scale projects while using their expert skills and knowledge to benefit the University.