A Senior Network Engineer is now required to join a leading global supplier of automotive solutions.
My clients product line includes highly engineered acoustical solutions which operates in 10 countries and has nearly 7,000 employees worldwide and you will be working in a global team with key responsibilities in WAN / LAN / WLAN infrastructure.
Success in this position requires strong communication and planning skills with a thorough knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewalls, network management and telecommunication processes.
The successful Senior Network Engineer will demonstrate excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and you will provide technical expertise and support for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
Senior Network Engineer Primary Skills;
• Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of WANs on a global scale.
• Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of Firewall technologies.
• Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of LAN/WLAN topologies
• Experience in enterprise security principals and technologies.
• Ability to communicate effectively beyond his/her peers to broader non-technical audiences within the IT organisation.
• Ability to develop policies and procedures to industry standards.
Scope of Job for the Senior Network Engineer
• Work as part of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide operational support to the existing IT infrastructure.
• Maintain change control process.
• Develop, prepare, implement and monitor IT Infrastructure projects.
• Maintain a high level of technical knowledge within his/her skill set; meet the level of an "expert" within the business.
• Facilitate improved understanding of IT methods throughout the business.
• Consult on technical processes within his/her skill set across the business.
• Communicate tasks and projects regularly within user groups and Global Infrastructure Team.
• Provide an interface to customers and suppliers at all levels to develop technical relationships.
• Prepare and monitor policies, procedures and budgets.
• Develop infrastructure monitoring and trend analysis techniques.
• Be involved in preparation of weekly report for review by Senior Global IT Management.
• This role will require travel to other IAC Group locations globally.
• Implementation and support duties will require work outside of normal office hours.
Senior Network Engineer preferred Education & Experiences;
• Candidate should possess required knowledge and experience to pass Cisco certification examinations. Cisco certifications such as CCNA or CCNP are preferred.
• Experience in IT working within a global organisation with the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Excellent technical skills and experience in WAN, LAN and WLAN management and support.
• Network monitoring and analysis.
• Microsoft server and active directory skills are desirable.
• Understanding of remote access technologies and their implementation.
• Understanding of security concepts and principles including firewall management experience. Experience with multiple vendors preferred.
• Experience with managing commercial relationships with multiple vendors. Negotiation skills desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required. This role will require interaction with members at all levels of the business.