A Senior Software Developer is now sought by a rapidly expanding specialist services Organisation based in the West Midlands. Within the role you will be responsible for developing cutting edge applications whilst, inspiring and leading a varied team of Developers and UA testers, by creating, enforcing, monitoring and maintaining quality standards across the team and promoting best practise.
You are either currently are leading and managing software development teams, preferably in small to medium entrepreneurial companies.
Ready to make your next step into a managerial role from a Senior Software Developer position
In addition, as the Senior Software Developer, the role requires you to take an active participation in development, troubleshooting and system design. Internally developed software is at the heart of the business, driving all elements of operations, customer care and more based on advanced microservice system architecture.
As the Senior Software Developer you will be responsible for;
- Managing and directing a team of Software Developers
- Developing coding standards, and best practises for the team
- Own systems and/or applications in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant technology / roadmap
- Resource planning and the assignment of permanent and contract and supplier resources
- Build relationships with Business Leads, Clients and Suppliers, ensuring scheduling alignment for delivery of the wider software and systems release schedule
Senior Software Developer, experience required;
- Significant prior experience with development technologies; Python, MYSQL, PHP, AWS, Angular, Kube etc.
- Expertise in building modern, scalable cloud-based SAAS solutions
- Well versed with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous deployment, Build/Deploy, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Test and Staging Environments).
- Proven track record delivering software using agile delivery methods
- Experience working with MVC/MVVM/MVP design patterns.
- Encourage a ‘right first time' culture and implement processes to cultivate this
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done, and how to learn from mistakes
- Experience in managing a remote team would be an advantage
This is an exceptional career role with the opportunity to genuinely add significant value to an Organisation that is driven and motivated to become a true market leader.