This company has earned a reputation as a world leader in construction. They are innovative and creative delivering often complex construction schemes through to facilities management.
Having secured large scale education projects in the South West with plans to expand their presence in the region, they are keen to appoint an experienced Design Manager to join their growing team.
As the Design Manager, you will be the main source of contact between employers, external design teams and managers on a wide range of schemes at both pre-construction and live construction stage.
The position is varied and will include;
- assisting with Bid management in conjunction with the pre-construction team
- leading design meetings and liaising with all appropriate parties
- identifying risk, opportunity and advising clients and management teams on value engineering and design options
- reviewing design and progress to produce accurate information to provide to your clients
- Supporting site teams to ensure smooth delivery
You should have a solid career history in a similar role within a Main Contracting environment, excellent construction knowledge and strong communication and leadership skills. Applicants should have previous experience delivering building schemes with values of £10m+, be fully IT literate with working knowledge of BIM.
The company are offering a long term opportunity with potential for progression alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.