My client a civil and construction business based in Cornwall is looking to add a bid writer to there team to fill a vacancy that has come up.
The Bid Writer plays a key role in achieving the growth objectives by supporting the business throughout the bid process.
As a key member of the appointed bid team, the bid writer develops and translates win strategies and business objectives into smart, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations, project managing their own activity in-line with department bid plans.
the ideal candidate will preferably have a qualification or degree in Civil or Construction and have a good knowledge of the industry so they can fully understand the bid they are creating.
- You will be overseeing input from the various teams and coordinating the project management of the bid process.
- Working with the internal and external teams to coordinate the document design and layout for tender submissions and other documentation
- Writing and managing boiler plate text to client requirements
- To help to monitor HCA, GLA, Local Authority and other information services through online portals and to keep passwords up to date
- Ensuring the reference library is continually updated with current information
- Liaising with internal and external clients in order to source the required relevant information
- Reviewing, issuing and coordinating responses to PQQ and ITT documents
- Creating client proposals to company standards, including bid submissions, PQQs, presentations, Soft Market Testing documents and capability documents
- Undertaking of general administration duties
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Very high standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to shape compelling responses.
- Skilled to manage delivery through direct reports and colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, bid colleagues,
- Skill in supervising employees, to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.
- Degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
In return the company is offering a competitive salary and benefits package as well as career opportunities within the business. For more information please contact Gavin Down on 07951003724/ email@example.com