£10.07 per hour
£12.94 per hour
£22000 per annum
Java Developer - Digital Transformation
A leader in the digital technology market is seeking an experienced Java Developer to join the team to support the expansion of their development capability.
Focused on delivering technical expertise and hands on Java Development across high profile digital transformation programmes across the UK you will also demonstrate exposure to other open source technologies and practices including microservices.
On a day to day basis as the chosen Java Developer, you will be working in a highly Agile environment and be the promoter of quality software engineering techniques within the team to:
- Develop robust, scalable open source systems;
- Implement RESTful API’s;
- Ensuring digital services are thoroughly tested and capable;
- Provide mentorship for more junior developers;
As the Java Developer you will demonstrate experience and understanding of continuous integration and working closely with other teams across the delivery capability to improve speed and accurate delivery of the digital platform. In addition to your responsibility as Java Developer this will include understanding technical aspects of Front End development including HTML5, CSS and UX/UI design.
Desirable skills for the Java Developer:
- Exposure to Scala, MongoDB, Python OR Ruby and other open source technologies;
- A good understanding of DevOps and associated tools;
- Understanding of application security best practice;
- Knowledge of version control systems ie Git or Subversion;
- Experience of handling large data sets.
The chosen Java Developer will be able to hit the ground running and be keen to gain exposure across a number of different projects and technologies. Due to the consultancy element of this role you will be required to travel and spend time on client site during the working week.