Our client is a specialist environmental and geotechnical consultancy looking for an ambitious geo-environmental engineer to join their consultancy team based at their office in Lancashire. They are an independent company specialising in site investigation and environmental and geotechnical consultancy on a wide range of projects.
The primary responsibilities of the position would be:
• To provide geo-environmental expertise and advice to the Company's other offices on a wide range of projects.
• To produce technical reports: Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Geo-Environmental Reports, Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports on a wide range of projects.
• To liaise with and provide geo-environmental consultancy advice to Clients.
• To liaise with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
• To undertake investigation and remediation schemes.
• To undertake peer review of external reports.
The successful candidate will have:
• B.Sc. / M.Sc. in an Environment related subject.
• Approximately 2 - 7 years experience in contaminated land investigation in the UK.
• A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land.
• Technical Report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation.
• Knowledge of generic and site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
• Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land.
• Some geotechnical knowledge, particularly with regard to foundation assessment, would be ideal.
• Experience of logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode 7.
• Full UK drivers licence.
Our client offers a very attractive remuneration package and further career opportunities should the successful candidate prove themselves in this post.