Strategic hire in the heart of South Wales!
Are you an experienced Structural Engineer looking for the next step in your career? We have a Principal design position in Cardiff with a globally recognised engineering consultancy. This role would be perfect for someone who is looking to make the step into senior management.
Provide Structural (and other) Engineering capability in an enthusiastic, innovative and self-motivated manner.
Support the Business Manager and other Principal/Senior Engineers and Consultants in the briefing, tendering, consultation, design, implementation and management processes for construction projects of varying size and nature.
- Plan and manage projects effectively and efficiently; to include development of Project concepts, inputs, outputs, implementation activities, verification and technical review.
- Undertake investigations and inspections and develop solutions to clients’ problems by applying appropriate analysis techniques.
- Prepare designs, technical reports, presentations, specifications and contract documentation.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technical standards, legislation, codes of practice and best practice in areas of competence.
- Conversant in 3D and finite element analysis/modelling. Knowledge of
- Autodesk Robot an advantage.
- Conversant in BIM. Knowledge of Autodesk Revit an advantage
- Act as Project Manager on projects, as assigned, ensuring that all deliverables meet clients’ expressed and, as far as practicable, implied needs and expectations.
- Provide leadership to project teams, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality to achieve the planned profit.
- Manage projects, including proactive and timely reporting to clients, preparation of invoices and appropriate use of company accounting, record and quality management systems.
- Regularly communicate with, and seek feedback from, clients and project teams, reflecting on the performance of one’s self and the team and apply learning and improvement principles.
- Commission and manage specialist services from internal and external sources.
- Participate in workload/resource coordination meetings.
- Coach project team members to maximise their capabilities and ensure successful project outcomes.
- Proactively manage clients, understanding their present and future needs, maintaining regular contact with these clients and ensuring they remain satisfied with our services
- Promote the technical services and capabilities of the business and actively undertake business development and marketing with the aim of creating income streams for the wider team.
- Prepare expressions of interest, tender submissions, fee proposals and estimates in response to client briefs.
- Assist in strategic and business planning as requested/directed
At times, you can expect to be directing up to 8 technical staff while liaising with client project managers, engineering consultants, architects, existing and potential clients. This role comes with a salary of £45,000-£55,000, 25 days holiday, 5% pension and an attractive flexible benefits package.