Structural Steel Contracts Manager/Estimator
£35,000 - £50,000
This established steel fabrication firm based in East London are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator/Contracts Manager to join them. You will be working with the team to present quotes, provide the client with the best value solution, obtain best value when seeking prices from suppliers and develop the supply chain. Alongside this you will also be working to ensure that you communicate with the drawing office and shop floor to ensure the client’s requirements are interpreted and actioned correctly.
To be considered you must be able to work in East London with good communication skills (Written and Oral) You will have experience of working in a similar role with a previous firm.
• Ensure design & project requirements are adhered to & interpreted correctly.
• Oversee live projects from point of order to completion and handover.
• Manage material procurement; ensuring costs are kept in budget.
• Ensure any changes to the original scope of works are logged, communicated with the client and costs tracked, agreed and invoiced according to the contract specifics.
• Carry out work in accordance with our procedures set out by ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & CE Marking requirements.
• Fully participate in the management and development of the Engineering business.
• Liaise with client’s engineers, architects, other designers and internal divisions/departments.
• Attend client meetings including pre lets, program meetings, commercial & final account meetings.
• Ensure site requirements are met and maintained.
• Ensure that H&S is adhered to, and practiced at all times.
• Experience in fabricated structural steelwork, staircases, walkways, and general fabrication.
• The ability to run multiple projects during all stages of the job at the same time.
• Experience in estimating projects up to £500k in value.
• Building construction knowledge.
• Knowledge of current British and European design standards.
• Knowledge of current CE Marking law.
• Knowledge of current CDM & H&S requirements.
• Ability to manage and motivate people.
• Plan, control and report on work programs.
• Commercial awareness of economic construction techniques.
• Understanding of project management processes.
• High degree of self-motivation and a commitment to quality.
They are a thriving firm who are continuing to grow and develop due to their reputation for delivering good product and design for a good price. If you would like to join this team then please send in an up to date CV for an immediate call back.
Please email your CV in the first instance.