We are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to work for our fast growing sustainability and building services consultancy based in central London. We are seeking to appoint a Building Services Engineer with a passion for providing complete energy solutions.
The team works on a range of core disciplines across residential, hospitality, commercial, and public sectors including Low Carbon mechanical and electrical engineering services, integrated energy design and dynamic modelling. The company’s services are provided for projects in and outside of the UK which brings a variety of challenges on very interesting and high profile projects.
Intermediate Electrical Engineers Responsibilities/Duties:
- Electrical Building Services Design including early stage conceptual design on low carbon developments providing architects with space planning requirements for plant rooms, distribution, access and containment.
- Site services conceptual design for masterplan projects including sub-station sizing and main LV cabling routing. Preparing distribution diagrams and sketches for multi-utility distribution options.
- Electrical load and utility assessments for plant and system sizing along with making new utilities applications.
- Developing low energy main lighting and emergency lighting designs to meet CIBSE or HSE recommendations.
- Cable sizing and production of electrical schematics.
- Electricity sub metering design
- Working through design development on some large multi residential projects in the UK, international luxury hotels and high end luxury dwellings.
Other areas of our business which you will be exposed to and be expected to be involved in whilst working as part of a multi skilled team are:
- Environmental Design Modelling and Simulations
- Energy Assessments, Part L and EPC’s
- BREEAM, LEED, EcoHomes and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments
- Building Performance Evaluations including Energy Audits, Post Occupancy Evaluations, Existing Buildings and Systems Surveys.
Intermediate Electrical Engineers Role Requirements:
- The candidate must demonstrate a keen interest in low carbon design and take an active interest in the industry.
- Excellent communication skills and capable of presenting ideas clearly
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Actively working on their professional development
- Capable of taking the initiative in resolving problems without constant supervision and assistance
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CIBSE Guides, relevant British Standards and Building Regulations
- Knowledge of MS office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of the following softwares will be an integral part of the role and the candidate must be competent in all: AutoCAD. Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel. IES or TAS. HEVACOMP/Cymap
Please contact James McHugh at RGB if you’re interested in applying to this Intermediate Electrical Engineer job vacancy.