I am interested in speaking to Quantity Surveyors with a background in construction. Joining a forward thinking and dynamic business, you will be part of an award winning team, handing over fast moving, one off and national framework projects. Working for a well thought of family run business, who specialise in commercial, retail and leisure.
This individual will have strong contractual knowledge, be commercially astute and accustomed to JCT forms of contract. A driven and enthusiastic individual would suit this role.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Risk Management - Assist with the review of Contract Documents and identify contractual risks. Ensure significant sub-contract orders are in line with main contract conditions so that risks are passed on.
- Cost Reporting - Providing up to date information on anticipated final account figures and projected profit. Provide feedback to estimators regarding actual costs. Identify cost saving opportunities. Follow systems to collect and manage cost information.
- Client Accounts – Maintain predicted and substantiated final account information for the client. Identify and record variations to contract.
- Sub-contractor Accounts - Ensure orders placed are clear and appropriate to the contract. Monitor variation accounts, for inclusion where appropriate within client account. Agree final accounts and reconcile with client account.
- Estimating - Provide back-up to estimating department as required.
Please be aware this position is based in Devon however some travel once per week will be required (all expenses paid for)
Salary offered, is competitive upwards of £40k DOE plus car or car allowance, holiday, pension and bonus
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: upwards of £50k Plus package