The company is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Building Services Design Engineer to work on a variety of building projects from their office in Surrey. You will help to deliver a high standard of comprehensive and integrated building design services design solutions.
This consultancy is a multidisciplinary property firm that currently employs 50-60 staff. Their services include M&E building services design, civil & structural engineering, architecture, building surveying and project management. At present their working in various building sectors that include commercial, residential, mixed use and education.
Intermediate Electrical Engineer’s Roles & Responsibilities:
The electrical design engineer job responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary MEP building services design team, delivering design solutions across a range property projects.
- Attending design and project progress meetings with architects, contractors and end clients when required.
- Design of electrical services for building projects including lighting, security (access controls, alarms, CCTV), fire detection systems, telecommunications and LV and HV power distribution.
- Cable calculations and cable tray sizing.
- Lighting calculations.
- Assisting with the writing of specifications.
- Site visits and site surveys.
- Using industry software such as Amtech, Dilaux, AutoCAD and Revit.
Please contact James McHugh at RGB if you’re interested in applying to this Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer job vacancy.