Role - Estimator
Location - Tiverton
Salary - £27,000 - £32,000
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working very closely with provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance across the South West. The purpose of the role is working as part of a team with the objective of securing profitable future workload for the business, Utilising industry knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the team to ensure that competitive bids are submitted to our customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the successful Estimator -
Preferred skills and experience of the successful Estimator -
- Appraisal of tender documents.
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors from our supply chain.
- Proactive supply chain management.
- Attending opportunity meetings with project team or other stakeholders.
- Visiting sites to identify site specific risks and other potential impacts.
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities and analytical cost estimates, including preliminaries.
- Prepare budgets and cost plans.
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations.
- Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costing.
- Risk management throughout the tender period and preparation of the tender Risk Register.
- Value engineering.
- Presentation of the tender to management at tender review meetings including the highlighting major commercial risks.
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender.
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the Operations team.
- Contribute to Business Development.
- Working in a similar discipline within the construction or facilities management.
- Competent use of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Previous Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Schedule of Rates experience.
If this Estimator role is of an interest to you then please don't hesitate to contact Ryan @ RGB Or APPLY now to submit your CV for consideration.