Job title: Accounts Admin Assistant
Job purpose: The overall requirement of the job is to support the Team Co-ordinator and Finance Manager in the provision of wide-ranging financial services to support business and pension scheme activities to demanding standards and deadlines.
• Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel preferably at intermediate level
• Good working knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
• Good working knowledge of Sales, Purchasing and general ledgers
• Experience of using accounting software
• Understand the application of the Data Protection Act
• Understand importance of team work and knowledge sharing
• Able to construct standard letters and draft changes to procedures
• Methodical with good attention to detail
• Able to perform data input with accuracy
• Good telephone manner and organisational skills
• Good general office administration skills
• Able to check a full range of work
• Paying benefits to members/other beneficiaries – usually by cheque.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Updating procedures relevant to duties.
• Payroll data input.
• General Ledger journals including calculation of accruals/prepayments.
• Purchase Ledger processing of purchase orders, invoices and payments.
• Monitoring bank accounts to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet pension liabilities
• Process pension fund manager transfers.
• Month end reconciliations and production of various month end reports.
• Writing and updating procedures relevant to duties.
• Participating in projects as the team lead with other teams
Click here to apply or call Rebecca on 01189500561