Automation Project Manager
This is a home based role, with visit to client sites.
The automation project manager will work closely with the automation department to perform the following tasks:
- Develop new automation business in the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Act as customer liaison on automation projects, from enquiry through to delivered solution
- Translate business requirements into engineering requirements
- Work with UK vendors and automation department to facilitate selection
- Manage UK vendors to deliver part or total solutions in a cost effective way
- Visit customers after delivery and commissioning to ensure successful sign off of project, working with the automation department and UK service department to resolve any issues that may arise
Key focus areas of the automation project manager are:
- Requirement definition and translation
- Project management
- Health & Safety and project/engineering legislation
Ideal automation project manager candidate requirements:
- The ideal candidate will come from an injection moulding background, with automated systems/Robotics/Material Handling Equipment experience
- Qualified to HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering practice
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in managing projects, preferably in downstream automation of production processes
- Commercial ability relating to project costs and contracts
- Ability to operate Autocad, or 3D CAD (SolidEdge or similar)
This role will include some European travel. Private healthcare and company pension included. Company car, phone and laptop.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role of automation project manager, please apply via the link.