SENIOR PLANT BUYER – Permanent
We are actively recruiting for a global Manufacturer based near Sunderland who are looking to appoint a Senior Plant Buyer to join their expanding team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced buyer to manage the team as they go through a period of growth. As the Senior Plant Buyer you will take a leading role to deliver best in class purchasing across the plant. You will report directly into the Plant Controller, providing end to end operational and strategic support.
- To manage a high performing purchasing team, delivering best in class purchasing across the plant.
- Manage a large commodity portfolio, including a mix of direct material, NPM, MRO, CAPEX and tooling etc.
- Implement processes and strategies, working closely with suppliers negotiating best terms, costs and mitigating risk etc.
- Work to short timescales in a fast-paced environment.
- Working with and liaising with key stakeholders on the overall delivery and objective but also from an NPD perspective.
- Deliver annual cost saving, cost reduction and cost avoidance.
- Closely manage the supplier through building solid relationships and communication throughout the purchasing process to ensure expectations are met.
- Work on cost down initiatives, source and onboard new suppliers and proactively benchmark against alternative suppliers.
- Drive best practice and be proactive in, seeking alternative/ improvements that can be made within purchasing.
- Create an operational purchasing process within the guidelines of the company, demonstrating compliance to IATF requirements for supplier management.
- Ensure a safe working environment and excellent housekeeping standards
- Carry out any other tasks commensurate to the role
- CIPS qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Bright forward-thinking individual wanting to progress and develop.
- Come from a purchasing role within manufacturing and production and preferably a fast-paced business.
- Experience with using SAP or a similar MRP or ERP software.
- Experience setting up new suppliers
- At least 2 years’ experience in a procurement role which involves Strategic purchasing.
- Can demonstrate on their CV and verbally key deliverables and achievements as a result of working with suppliers and implementing strategies.
- To be considered for the position, candidates must demonstrate all of the above and have proven experience of identifying, formulating and reviewing business objectives on a short and long term basis, and communicate to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Experience in supplier quality development
- Experience or working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Formal training in negotiation skills
The ideal candidate will come from a Manufacturing/Engineering or Automotive background.
Salary around £40,000 depending on experience.