Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently working with Bucks County Council who are looking for a Temp Youth Offending Officer. The role will be an initial 16 week contract however it can go on longer if there is an excessive workload.
To carry out all duties as a professional YOS Officer consistent with background qualifications and experience. To provide a range of services to young offenders and those at risk of reoffending, their families, victims of youth crime, and criminal justice and children’s services partners as required by legislation and in accordance with national standards.
- To make clear assessments of children and young people in relation to their criminogenic needs, risk of reoffending, risk of harm to the public and risk of vulnerability, devising, implementing and reviewing clear multi agency intervention plans of increasing complexity according to risk.
- To write reports for the Magistrates and Crown Courts and Referral Order Panels
- To supervise young offenders in the community and those subject to custodial sentences according to National Standards, including enforcement as required. This will include the supervision of high risk, complex cases.
- To act as Court Officer within the Youth Court and Crown Court.
- To maintain young peoples paper and electronic case records to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- To work flexibly, according to the needs of the young person and service and participate in a number of duty rotas, including day time, late night duty and weekend and bank holiday Court Cover.
- To develop and maintain thorough knowledge of legislation and effective practice and to contribute to the monitoring, research and evaluation of services.
- To contribute to support of other YOS staff including students as appropriate depending on grade.
For more information please apply and a recruitment consultant will be in touch