Network Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Qualified Social Workers to work with our client based in Buckinghamshire on a permanent basis in Children Services.
A revitalised sense of focus and energy is taking our clients Children’s Services department into an exciting direction and they are seeking Qualified Social Workers to assist in making the changes they know are needed.
Our client received an inadequate report from Ofsted last year which they are not shying away from and are taking this as an opportunity to make positive changes. This has been the catalyst for delivering an ambitious improvement plan to ensure they provide children the best start in life hence the need for qualified, energetic and resilient children’s social workers to help achieve their aims.
There are fantastic opportunities available for experienced Qualified Social Workers to take the next step in their professional career within a well established local authority. Whichever team you join, you will find it busy and fast-paced whose paramount objective is always a child's wellbeing and safety. Positions are available in the following teams:
- Children in Need Team
- Children in Care Team
- First Response Team
- Supervised Contact Centre
- Court Assessment Team
You can expect a safe working environment, manageable caseloads (guaranteed at 17-25), regular supervision, good training, mobile working, protected time, and a supportive work culture. Plus, regular group supervisions within your team, as well as peer supervision forums and coffee mornings with partner agencies. With a strong emphasis on career development, our client will always encourage you to pursue your interests, expand your knowledge, and become an expert at what you do.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and excel with a Council that offers:
- Guaranteed training
- Strong support
- Competitive salary between £27,855 to £40,349 depending on experience
- Golden Hello payment of £2125 to £5125 (t and c apply)
- Retention Payment of £2250 to £8250 (t and c apply)
- Car Allowances of £600 per annum
- Relocation support of up to £8000 (t and c apply)
- Free parking
- Payment for HCPC registration
- 34 % discount on Chiltern railway train tickets and 50 % off bus travel
- Car purchase loan scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Membership of the Local Government Pension scheme
Our client understands the importance of work/life balance and therefore offers the following to assist with this:
- Sabbatical of three months paid leave after three years service (t and c apply).
- Flexible working including part time options and flexi time.
- Generous annual leave of 25 days per year plus 8 Bank Holidays. There is also an option to buy an additional 2 weeks leave per year.
- KAARP Benefits – up to 40% discounts off days out, theatre tickets and holidays.
In order to be considered candidates must hold a Social work qualification, have a valid HCPC Registration, have at least two years PQ experience within Children Services and hold a full driving licence.
The ability to display a caring professional attitude at all times is essential along with excellent communication skills and the ability to write comprehensive reports. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.