We are looking for an experienced structural engineer with building structures experience for an award winning practice in Cardiff. This engineering consultancy typically punches well above it’s weight with the kind of projects it brings in and has recently opened a second office in a new region. As a Structural Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on building structures from a range of sectors
- Working closely with and supporting senior engineers
- Undertaking site visits, supporting site managers on technical issues
- Obtaining a good understanding of issues on site and devising and providing solutions with
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Working towards chartered status and completing key objectives
- Gradually taking on more responsibility until you are leading your own projects running solo site visits
My client has contemporary offices and a pleasant working environment with free parking. This office covers sites across the South West and South Wales.
They are involved in a number of exciting local projects including; out of town retail, custodial, commercial, education and leisure,
Essential criteria for this role:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well known business in South Wales. This practice is a major player in their market and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. This role comes with a salary of £32,000 - £40,000 + package depending on experience.