Geography Teacher required for Mixed Secondary in Hemel Hempstead
** Geography Teacher (KS3 & KS4)
** Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
** Maternity cover
** MPS + London fringe
** September 2017
Hourglass Education are assisting a ‘good’ client school seeking to appoint a NQT or experienced Geography teacher to join this thriving and high achieving department for a maternity cover
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a community school with the highest expectations for pupils and staff, and to help shape the school’s continued growth.
To apply for this job, you must:
- Hold UK QTS, QTLS, or an overseas teaching qualification including degree
- Have good subject knowledge
- Have experience in teaching Geography at Key Stage 3 and 4
- Be able to manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
Our client school is an average-sized secondary school with approximately 1000 pupils on the school roll. The school’s exams results are in the top 20% for non-selective schools nationally and the latest Ofsted inspection was deemed to be ‘good’. Better-quality teaching, learning and assessment have also improved the rates of pupils’ progress significantly.
If you are passionate about your subject and feel that you can instil a love of learning, and help all students achieve successful outcomes, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to know more about this vacancy, please forward a most recent and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org  or call Ed on 020 3011 5296